Saturday, February 9, 2008

More snow

More snow today. Heard someone talking about how Toronto people aren't used to this much snow all at once, but this is the way it used to be when some of us older types were kids. This is the "keep 'em guessing" part of global warming, just when you think everything has changed forever, it goes back to the way it was before.

Last night I showed Tristan the scarf I was knitting from the leftover yarn of his Dad's scarf. Then I showed him the extra ball of yarn I have from Phelan's scarf, and asked him which he liked better. I said I was going to do two scarves, one for him and one for me, and he could choose which one he wanted. He decided to wait to see how they look when they're done before choosing. Smart man.

I ripped out my wrist warmer once again. Didn't like the way the thumb gusset was shaping up and thought I'd like the wrist part to be longer. I go back and forth on that, started with 2" then decided that 1" was better, now I'm back to 2". It'll be spring before I get it done.

Yesterday I took some photos, a couple of the Portuguese church up the street, one of the new entrance to the ROM (I like the old entrance better)(but enough of trashing the ROM!), and one of the little church kitty corner to the ROM. My grandfather used to play accordion? fiddle? there. I'm not sure which it was, I have two memories of being told what he did but no confirmation for either.

The Portuguese church was too big to fit into a single photo so I took two and superimposed them. Here is how it turned out:

You can see the discrepancy between the two photos on the left side of the picture.

This is the tallest building in our neighbourhood, so you can see the spire and the rose window looming over the houses from quite a distance. The angle of the photo doesn't do it justice, it is really quite large. One day I'd like to go in and see the stained glass of the rose window from inside.

No comments: