Monday, March 31, 2008

This sock is done like dinner

I finished my sock. This was a bit of a dilemma for me.

The Yarn Harlot's book launch is tomorrow, part of the event is a great Sock Picture Scavenger Hunt, and to participate I would need an unfinished sock on the needles. Which I would have if I didn't finish it. But it has literally been years on the needles, and I was this close (thumb and forefinger squeezed together, fingernails separated by microscopic space) to done with it. I just couldn't bear to leave it any longer.

I suppose I could---quick---start the Second Sock (they do come in pairs), but quite frankly, I'm ready for a break. Even though this is My Very First Sock Ever, I do understand about SSS (Second Sock Syndrome), if I don't start it now it may never get started, but still, I want the break. So I think I am going to pass on the scavenger hunt. Even though half that bag of yarn is designated as sock yarn.

And Pete, if you're reading this, we are way ahead of you, we've been praying exactly that for some time now. Almost all of us. Except maybe those silly people who voted for our current Prime Minister and haven't Thought Better Of It by now.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog. i put the info about the scanner in the comments. Good luck.

Pete said...

I am reading this, so thanks for the prayers. With our current Prez, however, a dope slap might be more effective.

On a happier note, your sock post is my sort of thing exactly: engaging, amusing and beautifully constructed out of thin air!

I've added you to my blogroll.

Anne said...

Thank you Pete, and thank you. I'm practicing. Pretty good at telling stories orally, but it's a bit more difficult in writing ;-)