Friday, April 18, 2008

I wanna go to sock camp

I'm about to take off for Barrie to visit my brother for a couple of days. It is totally gorgeous out. Yesterday it was so warm it felt like summer. No daffodils, no tulips no leaves on the trees, but it felt like summer! I Read some blogs this morning and apparently it's like this everywhere in the east. And I phoned a friend in Nova Scotia last night and they are having this weather too. The gods smile on the east.

Speaking of reading blogs, I was reading the Yarn Harlot, her second posting about sock camp on the "wet" coast, Orcas Island WA. She's on a book tour right now, but she's spending a week at this sock camp. I am so jealous! I yearn for a sock camp!

Last night at the Parkdale Library knitting group Rhonda and Rod were back, and we had a lively time talking about their move to Cape Breton next week, Jennifer's promotion to the Shaw and College Library at the end of the month, and a bit of the history of the group. Because they are thinking of disbanding it this summer. The group has been going for about three and a half years, it started when Lori walked into the library and offered her services as a knitting tutor. The library took her up on it. After all, this is what libraries are about, the loaning of information sources. Why shouldn't it be an 80-something knitting mentor?

All for now, I am just about packed, want to dig out my bike and load it onto the truck and then I'm off. Lake Simcoe here I come...

2 comments:

tamara said...

A few folks saw snow in Vancouver this morning. I'm envious of your warm sunshine!

Anne said...

Vancouver weather seems to have deteriorated since I left there, do you suppose I took the good weather with me? ;-)