Tuesday, April 8, 2008

To do's to do

Today I made a "To do" list and it doesn't look good. I've left a bunch of things to slide and now I've got to take care of them. My plans for the summer are starting to take shape and that means I've got to start doing something about them. Pity.

The weather has really changed in the past week, it really is spring. In the space of one week I've gone from winter jacket to spring jacket to no jacket. There's so many things I'd like to be doing here and instead I'm gearing up to leave.

Sam has invited me to consider a week of kayaking and snorkelling in Belize and I think I'm going to do that. Then I want to go to Nova Scotia, possibly build a kayak there. Then out west to BC.

But here, I have a shelf full of library books I haven't read yet, and about 30 books on my Hold list. I've got a bag full of new yarn I haven't touched yet. Sigh.

Half I just want to sit here and read and knit and take bike rides along the waterfront and just hang out. Half I want to get in the truck and go.

If I go to Belize I think there are a few things I have to do to get ready. And I have to get my income tax return out of the way. Well, the thought of a week in Belize is a very pleasant motivator.

I think I can do this.

No comments: