Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to the kayak

So now Dobby is here in Baxter's Harbour with me.

I've introduced him to the Baxter's Harbour beach and the woods.

The first few dogs we ran into were not interested in playing with him but today he met Max the corgi and Moose the chocolate lab.

Max was happy to play with Dobby and very surprisingly so was Moose.

Actually it was quite funny, Moose is a big lumbering brown bear of a dog but he ran after Dobby as if his life depended on it.

Sheila hasn't seen him run like that in years, and I've never seen him run!

He ran so hard and for so long that Sheila finally made him stop to catch his breath, she was afraid he'd have a heart attack.

So the three dogs got quite the run.

We took them into Sheila's hayfield where they ran in circles through the tall grass.

Sheila and I just laughed and laughed.

Sheila thinks it's great, Dobby gives her dogs great exercise, so I think we'll be walking them together regularly.

Today I worked on the kayak for the first time in almost a week.

I sanded some of the hatch lips and coamings that I had glassed before I left. I glued the first layer of coaming to the kayak cockpit.







Dobby thinks kayak building is boring.

1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

Cheers for playful dogs!

Cheers for friends!

Cheers for gales of laughter!

Cheers for plentiful clamps!

Cheers for knowing when to leave something boring and relax!

Hugs!