Monday, July 21, 2008

Dances with whales

While on holiday in PEI, I saw a pewter humpback whale hanging in the window of one of the cottages that I thought looked almost perfect for my kayak, so I traced it.

Apparently, my grandson Tristan told the other kids that I dance with whales. At different times over the few days I was in PEI I had different kids and adults approach me and ask, So how exactly do you dance with a whale? Hmmm, have to think about that one.

A couple of people asked me if I had a name for my kayak and I said that right now, I had no particular affection for the kayak so I hadn't thought about naming it. But maybe I'll call it Dances With Whales.

I have transferred the tracing of the pewter humpback whale to the bulkhead that will be right behind the cockpit seat.

1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Anne,

Love your whale pattern! It's perfect.

I do like Dances with Whales. What a grand and awesome picture that makes!!

Hugs!