Thursday, August 21, 2008

Briefly, summer in the city

I spent yesterday puttering around unpacking the truck, sorting through my stuff, and showing the kayak off to passersby.

I plan to drive to the west coast on Monday, so I only have a few days to get ready for that trip. Since the kayak made it so uneventfully from Baxter's Harbour to Toronto, I plan to bring it along to BC with me. It's maiden voyage on the Atlantic, maybe followed by a short foray onto Lake Ontario, and then on to dip its bow into the Pacific.

Today Tristan also arrives home from visiting his grandparents in PEI. Isaac is picking him up at the airport and then delivering him into the hands of friends who are taking him to the CNE (the 'Ex', the Canadian National Exhibition) for the day. So I won't see him until this evening.

I staggered through yesterday, quite exhausted from the last few days events and not enough sleep. But I slept well last night so things are good today. A lovely summer day in the neighbourhood, it's nice to be back.

PS - I added some photos to the post entries for August 15 and August 14.

1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Anne!

You must be just the most terrific grandmother on the planet! What do the boys say about a grandmum who built a kayak that they can touch for themselves. It's for real!! You are teaching them that they can do anything they put their minds to and that's the best lesson of all.

I'm up for the trip west and think it's terrific that your kayak will have been in so many diverse bodies of water. I know it has a wonderful whale inside it, but does your kayak have a name?

Hugs!