Friday, August 1, 2008

Setback

This is not a major disaster, not even a minor disaster, but it feels like it.

My camera is broken. This is the last picture I took with it.

The camera is still under warranty, I can get it fixed or replaced, but the nearest service centre is in Toronto so I can't really get it fixed before returning there. The lens mechanism is not working, the lens won't retract into its closed position and it won't take pictures either. Because the lens is exposed the camera is rather delicate right now, so I don't want to risk mailing it to the repair centre. I'm going to deliver it myself as soon as I get back to Toronto.

I wanted to document the kayak building process, including photos, but now I am camera-less, which is very frustrating. A number of work-arounds are available, but still, losing my camera has me in a funk. I was enjoying and appreciating that camera so much!

It was the best camera I've had in a long time.

Emphasis on was.

1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

Awwwwwwwww (((((((hugs))))))) to you. I've enjoyed your wonderful photography skills and pictures, too. Hope this good little camera can be repaired.

When I posted a comment to your last post, I forgot to say how lovely you look in a respirator! Better safe than glamorous!

(((hugs)))