Monday, September 22, 2008

My ex has left the building

Sometime yesterday my ex-husband, father of two of my sons, died at age 64. Apparently a heart attack. He was living in Hong Kong with his wife Ali, teaching English and enjoying travel. He had recently returned to Canada, visiting friends and family in the Vancouver, Victoria and Edmonton areas, in August.

The photo above is from 1969, shortly after he first arrived in Canada (he's originally from California).

I will miss him. I know he was a regular reader of my blog, and I followed his activities on Facebook. We last talked to each other via Skype sometime during the winter, it was a good conversation and I always meant to call him back but somehow never got around to it. I thought I had lots of time.

The second photo is recent, I copied it from his online photo album of his visit to Canada last month.

2 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Peace be with you, Anne, dear.

Blessings and hugs - Barbara

Cowtown Pattie said...

Anne,

I wanted to write privately via email, but couldn't find one either here or at Elderwoman.

At any rate, I certainly can understand where you are coming from on this post.

Though my two exes are alive, I only barely communicate with one. The first is the father to my oldest daughter, and the second is father to my other three daughters.

Now, I am married again...but for the final time. At least, that's my decision for now ;-)

I think there is a combination of many things that have contributed to my present marital happiness, not the least is my late-blooming sense of emotional maturity, as well as my decision to stop being a human door mat.

At any rate, I just wanted to send cyber ((hugs))