Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Living green and loud

Colin Beavan, aka No Impact Man, has a great post today about living green and loud, a kind of public green lifestyle that gets people around you thinking about changes they could make too. Like carrying a mason jar he pulled out of the garbage to the coffee shop for fill-ups, to avoid buying more stuff (a travel mug) or producing more garbage (paper or plastic cup), and politely explaining why to anyone who asks.

Two birds with one stone, you reduce your own carbon footprint, and you encourage others to do the same.

The Comments section has lots of good ideas too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I have a "Mason" jar with a handle and I'm sure there are cloth "napkins" around. No promises I can be held to but it's worth a shot. I can say that what with cloth grocery bags, I'm running out of plastic bags for waste baskets, so there's hope. TJM