Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Five starling day

This is the view from my kitchen window, the next door neighbour's roof.


See the chimney?



See the starlings sitting on the chimney?


I can pretty much tell how cold it is outside by counting the starlings huddled around the chimney for warmth.

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago, it's just a 3-starling day. Today it is colder, it's a 5-starling day, and their feathers are all fluffed out.

On the coldest day so far I counted eight starlings sitting shoulder-to-shoulder on that chimney, so today's not so bad!



Christmas has come and gone, the highlight for me was Sam visiting for a week.

Here he is playing a game on his brother's iPod Touch, something he spent a lot of time doing when he was upstairs. When he was downstairs he played on the Wii with the kids.


We managed to get him out for a few walks, but mostly he said he just wanted to hang out and chill. So that's what he did.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately, and only downloaded the few that I had today. There were some photos from the trip to the Royal Winter Fair that Tristan and I did in November...

Kids and kids...



Gross pumpkin...














Kids and chicks...












Feeding the goats...


















And this one that I had forgotten about. I don't remember exactly where this house was, but somewhere in our neighbourhood...














The emergency bike...


















Oh yes, and this is Dobby thinking he's a lapdog...
















I haven't been in much of a mood for writing here, nevermind taking photos. I don't see much prospect of the mood lifting anytime soon, so I'm afraid postings here are going to be sporadic at best for the time being.


Wish you all well in the new year!

.

2 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Hi friend!

I've been mostly away from the computer recently, too, and am easing away from holiday mode. Today the tree comes down - maybe!

Love your weather-bird view! Accurate and funny!

As usual, your pictures are wonderful. Dobby has certainly filled out and fills your lap up! We used to have a dog who smiled for the camera. I kid you not!

Hope you're feeling better. That last picture is inspiring so hope you'll look at it and feel joy.

Hugs!

One Woman's Journey said...

Anne, thank you for the comment on my journal. So many thoughts for 2009. Will see what happens.