Friday, January 23, 2009

I haven't written because...

It's been a week since my last blog post, figure I should write something, but feeling pretty low energy these days. Think I might have sinus infection: low energy, light-headed, I want to sleep all day and can't sleep at night.

I signed up for a few courses, initially two on Wednesday and one on Thursday. But then I got the brilliant (sarcasm) idea to switch the Thursday class to Wednesday and get it all over with at once. The net result is, I spend a whole day feeling stupid and klutzy. Can't weave, can't woodcarve and can't tai chi.

Isaac says I am cultivating Beginner's Mind.

Want to get out and do other stuff, like visit the Textile Museum, but just too low energy for it.

I am however happy about the American inauguration, I truly hope this is the beginning of something good.

A few pictures of this past week.

Everyone downstairs has been ill, so a lot of hanging out on the couch watching videos...
















...also hanging out at Granne's so Mom can get some work done.














Dobby likes my window, he can watch the street or the room, depending on which is more exciting at the time (and doesn't he look excited?).















Kayak still hanging there, a constant reminder of better times...


















OK, this obviously isn't mine but I like it:

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Still going forward with my smaller home at the edge of the woods. Will post about it next week. I am excited.

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Anne! Sorry you're feeling so tired and may have a sinus infection. Bummer! Perhaps it just goes along with it being winter, a good time to stay cozy and to pamper yourself.

I applaud your idea of having all of your classes on one day and your bravery in trying new things. Remember: everyone was a beginner once upon a time! You'll get the hang of each skill in no time. Why, you've built a kayak and THAT is IMPRESSIVE!

I know dear Dobby loves having everyone home with him.

B.C. has the best take on life!!

Hopeful Hugs!

20th Century Woman said...

It's a sleepy, germy time of year. Spring will come. At least you got signed up for classes. I never got around to it.

Anne said...

Ernestine, I am excited for you too! I look forward to seeing pics of your progress in that wonderful project

Barbara Anne yes I agree, BC hits the nail on the head often enough for me!

Heh heh, you are so right Anne, germy sleepy time... Last year I didn't get around to it either, so this year I made a point