Friday, August 21, 2009

Lost notebook

It's driving me crazy so I am writing it here.

My knitting notebook has disappeared. I cannot find it anywhere.

I have turned the house and my truck upside down looking for it. I have attempted to retrace my steps and have called friends that I have stayed with to see if I took it there and left it, but so far no luck. I do not remember taking it anywhere.

This notebook contains instructions and measurements for all the stuff I have made over the past year. Most of it was stuff I designed myself, so I spent many hours knitting and ripping it out before I finally got it right and wrote it down.

All gone now.

Disappeared.

It is driving me crazy, I cannot believe I have just lost a year's worth of work.

And I have absolutely no idea how I lost it.

5 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Oh, dear! Who is that saint who finds lost items? Was the Christopher?

Is it at Chezzah's house?
Did you slip it into your laptop case when you packed?
Is it tucked into the kayak for safekeeping?
Could it be in the laundry basket?
Would reading back over your blog remind you of when and where you last had it?

I hope and pray you find it soon. Wherever it is, may someone see it.

Hugs!

Barbara Anne said...

Could it be in a pocket of your suitcase?
Under the seat of your truck?
Behind books on your bookcase?
Caught beside the chair cushion?
In the kitchen because that was a flat spot?

Still hoping and thinking!

Hugs!

Annie said...

Barbara Anne,

A friend emailed me that she thought this post was like a Dr Seuss poem, and she wrote the first couple of lines for me. I couldn't write a poem if my life depended on it, but I thought that what you wrote and what she wrote went rather well together so here it is:

The Lost Notebook

My knitting book has disappeared. I cannot find it anywhere
I’ve looked and thought and wonder how
I could have lost it by my chair.

My house, my truck I’ve rummaged through
My friends I’ve called

Oh, dear! Who is that saint who finds lost items?

Is it at Chezzah's house?
Did I slip it into my laptop case when I packed?
Is it tucked into the kayak for safekeeping?
Could it be in the laundry basket?

Could it be in a pocket of my suitcase?
Under the seat of my truck?
Behind books on my bookcase?
Caught beside the chair cushion?
In the kitchen because that was a flat spot?

Still hoping and thinking!


I Googled that saint: he's Saint Anthony, the patron saint of lost things and missing persons.

Hugs!

Barbara Anne said...

I did not find it in my coat
I did not find it in my boat

I did not find it anywhere,
Could it be in Dobby's lair?

Was it picked up by the kids?
Did DD put it with the lids?

It isn't any place I look
I so so love that little book.

St. Anthony, please hear me now
And show me where is it - somehow!


Hugs! :D

Annie said...

Oh Barbara Anne that is too funny! Very good!

Hugs!
Annie