Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I wish you all the very best in the new year, 2010. 

I am enjoying a quiet evening with old friends in Whistler, we are all hoping we will manage to stay awake to toast the new year in with champagne (old fogeys that we are!). 

This afternoon some of us went cross-country skiing, some of us went snowshoeing. Leia the dog fell through the ice into a lake! But she valiantly pulled herself out, shook herself off, and proceeded as if nothing had happened. We however, noting the shivering of her hind legs, decided that our little expedition was over and we should hurry home. 

Hope everyone else manages to stay awake for the new year too...

4 comments:

Alan G said...

Happy New Year!

I did not stay awake myself but apparently I wasn't needed to bring it in since the new year was here when I woke up this morning. :)

Barbara Anne said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

We stayed awake but were too sleepy for champaigne and were asleep before 12:30am.

Hope Leia is no worse for wear after she had a chance to warm up at home following her unwelcome dunking.

Hugs!

Wisewebwoman said...

Backatcha Annie with knobs on and buttons down the front!
Glad the dog was OK, poor thing.
XO
WWW

20th Century Woman said...

Are you still in Vancouver? I wish there was a way to get together.

Happy New Year!