Monday, December 28, 2009

Night walk


Last night I tried to take Hiro for a solo walk after dark, he just went crazy with joy to be out on the trail, running, leaping, jumping, even twirling in mid-air. It was great to see him so happy, but it did some damage to his wound so he doesn't get to go out off-leash any more. If you look closely you can just make Hiro out at the edge of the darkness. He's wearing a T-shirt to protect his wound.

While he was leaping for joy and tearing his wound apart, I was taking night photos...




The moon was only half full, but it was enough light to see quite clearly by, and there were sharp shadows on the bright snow.



7 comments:

Steven said...

I love the pictures of the snow. Great memories!

Have you seen the attachable LED lights to put on dog collars? I bet that would have made a great photo if you delayed the shutter speed to show all of the gyrations that Hiro was enjoying.

Annie said...

Hi Steven, I've seen a collar that lights up, not sure if it's the same thing you are talking about. Probably would make a great photo, although I would have been running to keep him in camera range, and that would no doubt have added yet more interesting gyrations to the photo... :-0

Barbara Anne said...

Breathtaking loveliness!

Isn't a joyful dog the epitome of exuberance?! Hope Hiro's wound is healing once again.

Hugs!

Aimee said...

what cool pictures! I found you through the comment you left on Little Blog in the Big Woods, and I just had to come check out who is the smart lady who agrees with me!! Your other blog - the harbour blog - is full of terrific photos. I assume you are the photographer?
aimee

Annie said...

Hi Barbara Anne, yes it is! I feel like a heel for ruining Hiro's fun, but it's necessary for his own safety. He's doing fine, another week and he can probably be allowed to romp again.

Aimee, hi! I guess "great minds think alike" is true! ;-)

Actually, Beachcomber is responsible for most of the new photos and all of the videos on that website. She's a phenomenal photographer!

Wisewebwoman said...

I love the moon shots, Annie and nothing like a dog to bring joy and gyrations to us all!!
Happy New Year my good friend!
XO
WWW

Annie said...

Happy new year WWW and everyone else! WWW, I look forward to seeing you again in the new year. Now I am in Whistler for New Year's with old friends.