Sunday, October 10, 2010

A walk on the expensive side

Marina and I went for a walk around the Olympic Village on False Creek in Vancouver. The buildings are mostly empty, they are having some difficulty selling off the condos there.


We took a look at a couple of open houses and I guess I am not surprised. They seem tiny for the prices being charged (starting at half a million, and I am pretty sure the "two bedrooms plus flex" that we were looking at were well beyond that), and one was unbelievably dark in the middle of a sunny afternoon. You would never find your way around in there without the lights on. How depressing!

I guess the main selling feature of these condos is location. The views (from those condos with views) are of False Creek and peekaboo glimpses of mountains between highrises. You're right downtown, you have a community centre in the middle, and you're not far from the skytrain. But the condos themselves don't much appeal to me. Neither do peekaboo mountains.


I liked the giant sparrows near the community centre. They were cute.

2 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

I so agree that if there is not much light coming into the condos, there should not be such cost.

So glad that your adventures continue.

Did you post these several entries at once or have I been remiss in checking in?

Hugs!

Annie said...

Hi Barbara Anne, I am posting a bunch of stuff that got written when I had time to write but no internet access, so no, you are not remiss.