Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas calls


It's the Christmas season. I hate it.

The other day I was talking to a friend who said that her daughter was married to a Muslim man who refused to celebrate Christmas, even though she (the daughter) participated in various Muslim holy days. She (the friend, mother of aforesaid daughter) said it was kind of a damper on Christmas celebrations in her family.

Personally, I'm with the Muslim husband/son-in-law. I don't like it and would rather not celebrate it. I'm in survival mode now, just trying to get through it.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

One alternative is make a big deal out of Winter Solstice with bringing back the sun. It's the day we wait for as finally we are at the longest night of the year and bit by bit, we on the Northern Hemisphere are on our way back to light. I used Winter Solstice in one of my novellas about Christmas. Now it's in two of them as a seasonal 'holiday' that is not connected to religion-- well, other than prehistoric and pagan ;)