Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bees and Blooms


This is my vegetable garden. To the left of it is a lilac in full bloom that wafts a wonderful perfume toward my house in the evening. Behind it is a horse chestnut tree in full bloom also, very pretty.


But it is full of bumblebees. I mean full. As I leave my back porch to go to the garden to pick greens for supper, the buzz of the bees becomes louder and louder. By the time I am in my garden I feel like I have walked into a huge bumblebee nest.


Lately the bees have been exploring the yard. They've found my porch. So far no stings but I am wary around them. Everybody says how bumblebees are not vicious, they only sting in defence, but I have been chased out of my garden by a very determined bumblebee who stung me as I was running away from it. Got me on the face near my right eye. So I'm wary.

3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

very lovely and looks like a good summer ahead with the veggies

joared said...

Oh, wow! Bumblebee is on our U.S. endangered species list for the first time.

Annie said...

Well they're doing just fine in my backyard joared!