This is my vegetable garden. To the left of it is a lilac in full bloom that wafts a wonderful perfume toward my house in the evening. Behind it is a horse chestnut tree in full bloom also, very pretty.
But it is full of bumblebees. I mean full. As I leave my back porch to go to the garden to pick greens for supper, the buzz of the bees becomes louder and louder. By the time I am in my garden I feel like I have walked into a huge bumblebee nest.
Lately the bees have been exploring the yard. They've found my porch. So far no stings but I am wary around them. Everybody says how bumblebees are not vicious, they only sting in defence, but I have been chased out of my garden by a very determined bumblebee who stung me as I was running away from it. Got me on the face near my right eye. So I'm wary.
3 comments:
very lovely and looks like a good summer ahead with the veggies
Oh, wow! Bumblebee is on our U.S. endangered species list for the first time.
Well they're doing just fine in my backyard joared!
Post a Comment