Port Hardy - sunny and hot
I returned to the highway at Campbell River and did a bit of shopping there. I stopped at a Rest Area near Woss for lunch and met a couple there from New Westminster. He is an X-ray technician who travels all over BC and the Yukon for his job. He recommended many places to visit.
I thought I would stop for the night at a Nimpkish Lake forestry site but when I got there I didn't like the feel of it so I continued on. Forestry sites are more primitive than provincial park campsites, but they are free. Also unsupervised, so if it doesn't feel right, best to move on.
I ended up driving all the way to Port Hardy and just stayed there an extra day. I had already booked a spot on the Port Hardy ferry to Prince Rupert and had to be ready to board very early in the morning. I checked in to Wildwoods Campground, a family-run camp. Two families run it and the kids run around in a golfcart with all the family dogs. I found a kind of cute site and briefly talked to my new neighbours, Robert and his mother Dagmar, but it was late and my dinner was slow to cook.
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment