Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Nope

I spoke too soon, she's dying. Her GP is amazed she made it through the night (last night); I don't know if she'll be with us tomorrow morning. I went to see her this afternoon, it was very bad. She's only semi-lucid. She recognized me, but only just. At least her doctor, not the Emerge doctor who admitted her but her GP, realizes she's not demented. But it doesn't matter anymore. She has been living with a few serious chronic conditions but now the diagnosis is congestive heart failure. She's on oxygen but it really doesn't make much difference now. She's quite miserable and uncomfortable, she wants to go home. Nobody has told her that she is dying.

I showed her some pictures of Hapi, she liked that. She wished I could bring Hapi in but of course that's out of the question. She's by a window but it faces onto a courtyard that I can't get into with a dog. F said he had me on the list of people the nurses will talk to on the phone about her but he wouldn't put B's sister or brother on the list because he said they were mean to her and didn't deserve it.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so sad to read this Annie, and it sounds like there is no hope. Oh how awful to end like this. I hope she is comfortable and that death comes easy when it arrives.

XO
WWW

Annie said...

It is sad WWW, and terrible that she ended up this way. I saw her today and she was a little more lucid, able to laugh at my rather feeble jokes. F says the doctor told him there would be good days and bad days but the end will come just the same.