Friday, February 7, 2020

Magical Mystery! just down the road...


From CBC News website on Thursday February 6:
And from the Wolfville Reservoir Ponds blog (see link on right side of this page):

"Thursday, 6 February 2020


Large Pond (whose name might be "Darlene")

We recommend against skating until the current weather 
system has passed.  Local ice enthusiasts might wish to 
assemble Saturday in Guy Fawkes or Salvador Dali masks to 
reassess tactics and hopefully free the track and rink from 
their crusty new overlord.  Once conditions allow, Mayor 
Cantwell, honourable members of Wolfville Town Council, and 
their robustly-taxed flock are (UNOFFICIALLY) invited to 
skate (AT THEIR OWN RISK) on this ghost of town water 
committees past, maintained on a skate-lace budget.

Small Pond

Deep and unstable; do not use!"

I might just have to go skating, despite back problems!


Ice storm overnight has left everything encased in ice, including my car. Unfortunately I cannot open the doors when they are icy so I just have to wait for warm temperatures again. Physiotherapy appointment this morning has unfortunately not been cancelled but just about everything else has.

1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am awfully fed up with this winter. One weather system after another. We are expecting tons more snow tomorrow and we have walls of it everywhere from the last....

good luck!

XO
WWW