Fortunately it is not nearly as hot here as in the Valley.
While eating breakfast I heard a thump against the kitchen window.
I went outside and sure enough, there was a stunned little bird on the ground below the window.
It was breathing and blinking its eyes but otherwise motionless.
I thought about picking it up and bringing it indoors, but I was afraid its back was broken and I would just hurt it by moving it.
That was hopeful.
Finally I went indoors.
After half an hour I went back out and it was gone, hopefully it flew away unharmed.
I looked this bird up in my birdbook and the closest I can identify it is as the Magnolia Warbler.
I wonder if this is the bird I hear in the vault in the evening.

1 comment:
Oh dear! What a pretty little bird and cheers for your wisdom in not picking him or her up. So glad the bird is likely to be just fine.
Love the pictures! :D
Post a Comment