Friday, April 21, 2017

The raven and the eagle

I was walking this afternoon by the Gaspereau canal with Hapi. An eagle flew by with a raven fluttering around it. Often the crows and ravens harass the eagles and I thought that was what was happening. I could hear the eagle whistling and the raven cawing, even when they had flown out of sight behind the trees. I began to wonder if this was really harassment or something else. Somehow their whistles and caws sounded friendly, as if they were having a conversation back and forth. I imagine an unusual friendship between a raven and an eagle as they fly together down the valley.

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

I like your version of what might've been their relationship :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Animals never cease to amaze me. I do believe they have relationships we can't fathom. I've observed this myself. We'll trade stories once you get here.

XO
WWW