Monday, February 2, 2009

Hapi and Hiro

Sam finally posted some photos of his new dogs on Facebook. I guess they are sufficiently acclimatized to their new home that he can take them out off leash, thus freeing up his hands for photo-taking.

I phoned him after looking at his photos, he said that all the snow and ice is a bit illusory as he has not had snow around his cabin since he took these photos back in December.

These new pictures were taken at Birkenhead Lake, up in the mountains above Sam's valley home. At home he's had no snow and above zero temperatures for some time now. Unlike here, where the thermometer climbed above zero yesterday for the first time in weeks (months?), and the snow is still piled high.

Seeing his Facebook pictures was also the first time I'd seen his dogs' names in print, I've been calling them "Happy" and "Hero". Hapi is the female and Hiro the male, the darker dog at the back in the second picture.

2 comments:

One Woman's Journey said...

They are beauties. Thanks for your comments to me. I hope so for a speedy recovery from my surgery.

Barbara Anne said...

Beautiful dogs! Lots of families start with 4 legged children, don't they?!

Hugs!