Monday, March 2, 2009

My first beret

Finished my beret around 12.30 Monday morning.















About halfway along (sometime on Sunday afternoon) it was obviously turning out much too small, but I was so tired of ripping it out and starting over again that I decided to just plough on through and get it over with.


Glad I did.


It's pretty, I learned a lot from all the mistakes, the next one will go way faster.




And be bigger ;-)






I haven't quite finished, still have to weave in all the ends, but that is a matter of a few minutes.

6 comments:

One Woman's Journey said...

Anne, it is beautiful.

Anne said...

Thank you!

Barbara Anne said...

Brilliant!! Love the happy colors and am so impressed with your skills. Glad to kept at it, too!

Applause!!!!!!

Hugs -

Anne said...

Thank you Barbara Anne!

I tend to pick out rather sombre colours but this time I made myself work with bright colours and it did turn out well. Will have to do that more often!

Wisewebwoman said...

I bow as one fellow knitter to another!!!
Stupendously beautiful!!
XO
WWW

Anne said...

Oh WWW you are too kind! Really! In all fairness I owe it all to Anna Zilboorg's book 45 Fine and Fanciful Hats.