Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back in the woods

This morning I met Nancy, Emily and Sheila for a walk in the woods with the dogs. I was greeted with, "Did you hear about Michael Jackson?!?"

Gee whiz, I know I live back in the woods, but not that far back in the woods!

After discussing that topic for a few minutes the conversation turned to local gossip. I am so naive! For a few minutes I misunderstood, I thought they were talking about some lurid TV soap opera.

My, my! Maybe I do live that far back in the woods...

6 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

something I loved in the midst of the MJ furore: My local CBC station announcing it was having an MJ-free day. Huzzah!
XO
WWW

Annie said...

Well, no such luck here, although I have enjoyed old Ed McMahon and Romeo Leblanc spots to counter the MJ mess

Barbara Anne said...

We've had the TV off for much of the hubbub but I heard some talking head say this was the first global pop star death since 24 hour news afflicted us all. Hasn't the 24 hour news made the MJ thing nauseating? Enough!

Love that you're that far back in the woods! What a nice place to be ...

Hugs!

Barbara Anne said...

p.s. amazing butterfly on the lime green natural background!!! Great photo!!

20th Century Woman said...

You must have really exciting gossip. But I live in the back woods, too. I don't even know what a lurid TV show is like.

I have been astonished at all the fuss over MJ. I thought he was pretty much a has-been, and I always found him creepy.

Annie said...

Hi 20CW, well probably I don't either, I haven't had a TV in several years, I'm just guessing.

Thanks Barbara Anne, I wanted to post that butterfly for a week or more, just couldn't think of anything appropriate to write about it. So there it is, all out of context but very pretty. There's a bunch of them around, I enjoy them!