Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Optional reading

I just read my son's latest blog posting on Black Flies and Bush Planes, it's quite the epic story, I recommend it especially if you're into airplanes and road trips. Thanks Josh, I enjoyed that one a lot!

Also, today I read an Op-Ed from Gordon Stewart in the New York Times, Carter's Speech Therapy, a first hand account of how President Carter's so-called "Malaise Speech" came to be written. Carter delivered this speech on July 15, 1979, thirty years ago today. Over at The Great Change, the speech is reproduced in its entirety, if you are interested.

It's long but some of it is pretty applicable today, too bad it was largely ignored for 30 years.

Very too bad actually.

1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

You can say that again!

Thanks, Anne!

Hugs and hugs ...