Friday, September 18, 2009

Work

Last week I had two cord of firewood delivered, it is in a big pile at the end of the driveway.


I don't think I will be able to move it all, but I am trying to move as much as I can and stack it by the house.


I load the wood into a wheelbarrow and haul it down the driveway.


When I am walking that driveway it does not seem very long, but pushing a wheelbarrow full of firewood, that driveway is very very long.


At the end I stack the firewood either beside the house or inside the porch.


I only spent an hour doing it but it was a pretty strenuous hour.


Then I covered both woodpiles with tarps because rain is in the weather forecast.

The weather right now is perfect for this kind of work, sunny, breezy, not too cold not too hot.

3 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Way to go, Anne! That is an impressive amount of wood to move and long, long way and in just an hour. I'd be flat on my face! Will you be there to burn it this winter?

Your driveway is so inviting and beautiful!

Hugs!

20th Century Woman said...

Your energy absolutely amazes me!

Wisewebwoman said...

I am blessed with a man who does all this work for me and actually cuts the dead wood from the back of my property.
You are an amazing fount of energy, Annie, and I feel quite sluggish reading of your doings...
XO
WWW