Friday, February 8, 2008

Got a cold

Got a cold on Thursday. Did some snow shovelling in the morning and that pretty much did me in so I had to cancel out of skating with Helen. It was so nice out though, sunny and clear with lots of snow on the ground. Would have been nice to go skating. When I went out to shovel there were half a dozen other people on our short little street out shovelling too.

Everyone tries to do a little more than their own sidewalk. I'm glad Casey got out before Ross did, last snowfall he shovelled the snow for four houses and he's in his 80s. He's already had a couple of bad falls this winter. But Casey got his sidewalk shovelled before he was out, so later in the day he just shovelled his own steps.

I picked the kids up at the day care and we walked home through an alleyway that was not ploughed. Several people were trying to shovel it out. One woman said,"I love snow, but I'm starting to get a little tired of it!" Phelan looked like a tiny walking snowman coming down that alley. About halfway I picked him up and carried him the rest of the way home. He was eating an apple and had taken his mittens off to do that, his hands were starting to get cold.

Today I went to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) with Beth. We looked at the First Nations exhibit, the Black Star Sapphire from Queensland, and the Shapeshifters, Time Travellers and Storytellers exhibit. All disappointing, the last one especially. I must say, the quality of ROM exhibits has sure deteriorated since I was a kid! When I got home afterwards I launched into a 15 minute rant on how bad it was when Isaac asked me how my ROM trip was. So I won't do it again here. I did buy a family membership though, so Tristan sure better enjoy the Dinosaurs exhibit!

Beth and I ended up having soup at the ROM "Food Studio" (I think this must be the hip way to say "Cafeteria") and spending a couple of hours there just talking. I think next visit we won't bother going anywhere special, we'll just talk.

My cold is worse; having been sick with one thing or another since early December I am giving up hope of being healthy before spring. If then.

No comments: