Friday, August 15, 2008

Kayak finished

This will be my last post for a bit. I got the last inchworms on the kayak and drilled another hole in the hull, at the stern for tying the kayak down to the truck. It is essentially ready to launch.

Unfortunately the weather is being unpredictable, so I don't know if I am launching Saturday or Sunday. I am heading back to Toronto on Monday.

I spent this afternoon packing up and then went out for dinner with Carolyn and her parents. To Stirlings for a hamburger, milkshake and peach crisp. Fresh local peaches.

Tomorrow I get to figure out how to mount the kayak on my truck. I hope that works out well, it's kind of crucial!

I'd love to post a photo of the kayak done, but the Garden House is too small to get the kayak into a single photo. So photos will have to wait until I have time to post again, which won't be until I get to Toronto.

2 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Anne -

Well, if you don't read this blog until you're in Toronto, how will you get my most brilliant logic about perhaps staying longer??

Whatever, thanks a gazillion for the enjoyable adventure you let me come on with you. Your narrative and pictures were wonderful and your accomplishment is awesome! Applause and more thanks!!!!!

Be safe on the road.

Hugs!

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Anne -

Are you safely home? I'm waiting to hear!

It's the night of Aug. 20th and Elderwomanspace is down for maintenance so that's not a choice just now.

Hugs!